Statistics are important effective figures that can help in proving a point. They can be used to introduce shock and misbelief. As with most statistic the ones on plastic bottle consumption are shocking and heroic however show glimpses of change and hope.......however, dare we question how they found this all out? (http://www.recycle-more.co.uk/nav/page687.aspx)
- 1 tonne = 20.000 plastic bottles.
- Recycling a single plastic bottle can conserve enough energy to light a 60W light bulb for up to 6 hours.
- On average, every household uses 500 plastic bottles per year of which only 130 are recycled.
- 11 % of house-waste is plastic, 40% of that plastic bottles.
- 25 PET bottles=an adults fleece.
- Plastic Packaging uses around 2% of al crude oil.
- Recycling 1 tonne of plastic bottles saves 1.5 tonnes of carbon.
- 346.500 tonnes of plastic packaging waste were recycled in 2004.
- The quantity of plastic bottles collected for recycling has more then doubled since 2004.